Donate by Bank Transfer
Account name: The Chewstick Foundation
Account number: 20 006 060 086369 100
Direct International Wire (USD)
Butterfield Correspondent Bank
Bank of New York Mellon, New York, NY US
One Wall Street New York, NY 10266
For credit to:
Account Number 0011067808
ABA# 021 000 021
Swift: BNTB BMHM
For international wires in other currencies, please visit the Butterfield International wires page.
US based taxpayers may contact Friends of Bermuda Community Foundation, which is a 501(c)(3) organisation operating out of Bermuda and which may be able to provide assistance for those donors wishing to make donations to Bermuda-based nonprofits and programmes.
What is FBCF?
Friends of Bermuda Community Foundation (FBCF) is a public charity that is exempt from Federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to FBCF are deductible under section 170 of the Code.
What is the role of the FBCF?
FBCF was formed in August 2014 to collect charitable contributions from American donors and distribute them to other charitable, nonprofit organizations. Individuals, families, businesses and other nonprofit organizations who have an interest in or connection to the country of Bermuda are invited to donate to Friends of Bermuda Community Foundation which will in turn identify and donate to qualified nonprofit organizations in Bermuda.
What is the process for donating funds to a charity via the FBCF?
The US Taxpayer can donate the funds to the FBCF, via this link . Alternatively, if you are a U.S. Taxpayer wishing to receive a tax receipt that satisfactorily meets the Internal revenue Service Substantiation and Disclosure Requirements and you wish to make your donation via international wire transfer, local bank transfer or cheque, please complete the following steps:
1. Complete a gift intention form. For fundraising events or campaigns, a sponsoring charity may provide you with a branded gift intention form. It is fine to use either form!
NOTE: If you are a formal foundation or company with no prior donor relationship with Friends of BCF AND you require more information about the foundation’s 501c3 status, please either complete the gift intention form and make a note requesting FBCF’s 501c3 IRS Determination Letter or other documents, OR scan us a brief signed request for the same, on company/foundation letterhead. We ask you to request this additional information formally for Bermuda AML/KYC due diligence purposes.
3. You may then make your gift fund transfer (see FBCF payment methods doc).
4. Friends of BCF confirms receipt of funds with you, the donor and verifies the charitable status of the proposed recipient and any other due diligence required. We will not respond to queries from nonprofits about the status of a donor’s gift.
5. Friends of BCF’s board ratifies the designated grant
6. Friends of BCF issues a grant confirmation letter to the charity, along with a request for bank details from the charity
7. Friends of BCF then issues the grant to the named charity minus an administration fee* (or fee appropriate to the transaction in the case of setting up a donor-advised or other legacy fund). ALL FOREIGN CURRENCY PURCHASE TAX (FCPT) AND FOREIGN CHEQUE CASHING CHARGES ARE DEDUCTED FROM THE DONATION, IN ADDITION TO THE ADMINISTRATION FEE. *FBCF’s current fee schedule
FBCF is a US registered public charity exempt from Federal income tax under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Its EIN is 38-3938349.